Thursday, June 23, 2011

In The Barn "Horse Portraits"


These are not  my horses but I have enjoyed taking photos of them.  The big guy on the left is over 17 hands and very friendly.  The lady on the right just found out she was pregnant.


A horses gestation period is 11 months, 11 days.  Wow.   I have a while to wait for this baby to arrive.


I just adore the inside of a barn even though I prefer pasture boarding a horse, myself.  These stalls are rather roomy and these two get outside quite often.  I found him laying done in his stall in a deep sleep the other day curled up like a baby.  It was so sweet.  Of course, that's the time I don't have my camera on me!  

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like a nice barn. I just noticed you have St. Martin on your blog- I do too! Can never have too much help when it comes to life with horss.

Margaret said...

Yes, it is a sweet barn... picture perfect. I wish they had better pastures/corrals. But everything here just needs RAIN. They will be much improved once we get rain!

Dom said...

Great portraits. I especially love the first shot.