Wednesday, July 20, 2011

...back to the drawing board


Sadly, it looks like Smudge, the Connemara pony from my previous postings might not be coming home with us after all.   The vet sad her coffin bone was tender and I found out she had foundered three years ago.   The good news is she hasn't ever been lame and she is ridden everyday. So, I am giving this some thought and possibly order a digital x-ray.  I am also checking out a few other horses in the mean time.  One in particular is a nine year old Paint gelding, 15 hands tall that I will visit early August.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Probably a wise decision. There are plenty of sound horses/ponies, and if you do take this one home you will have to be very careful of it's feed always. It's possible that a barefoot hoof care provider could help Smudge. If you know of one in your area.
Good luck in your search for that perfect horse.

Dom said...

That's a shame, but it would have been a deal breaker for me too.

Maria's Watercolor said...

Have purchased a horse that had some lameness issues and it is certainly has been a heartbreaker for my daughter, many tears, I would keep your eye out for another. So hard when you find one you really like.

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's too bad. Smudge seemed like the perfect horse for all of you.