Thursday, August 4, 2011

Titania to our Oberon?




Oberon is our horse now (see below) - I sent the wire transfer and he should arrive within two weeks.   We have renamed him and since we are a theatre family, we thought names from Shakespeare were appropriate:  Oberon & Titania are the King and Queen of the fairies in "Midsummer Night's Dream".

Murphy & Molly are their old names.  Molly is a rescue horse and I am paying for her training this month with James Cooler of Cooler Horsemanship.  I am also looking at a paint gelding that I had my eye on a couple of weeks ago and my girls and I are driving down to Charleston SC to ride him and see what we think.


Oberon is six years old and is a reining/cutting horse.  He is very responsive and sensitive to the rider.  Both of my girls rode in a too big saddle and their legs were flopping a bit.  Since he is pretty much a leg responsive horse, my daughter below (we won't comment on her posture :) ... cued him to canter by accident.  Oberon slowed down to a walk immediately when she signaled, but the look on her face was priceless!  "What was THAT?!" she had said.  LOL


5 comments:

Shirley said...

Those are two lovely horses- and how delightful that Oberon is so highly trained- now all you need is to find which buttons to push! Do we get to hear Titiana's story?

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love both of these horses. Just gorgeous and they look so calm and well trained. I like their new names too. We have an Australian Sheperd named Murphy and my daughter had an Aussie named Molly until she passed at 18 a few months ago. Great names too.

Margaret said...

Yes, at least what I know of it... Stay tuned.

duchess_declutter said...

They are both lovely Margaret - well done! Plus they are both lucky to have an obviously loving environment to move into. cheers Wendy

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the beautiful horses. I am a horse lover from way back.