Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"The Eastern Breeze" a poem reflecting on the Friesian spirit



The Eastern Breeze

Does the eastern breeze
call your noble name
as you crane your neck
toward centuries old?

Do you gaze toward
the Northern Sea, hear
the Roman Legions march,
seek Hadrian's Wall?

Do the clouds conjure
ancient battles of Munster,
Aduard, and Cologne

as the eastern breeze
calls your beauty black
to reclaim a spirit bold?

by Margaret Bednar, September 3, 2013

Sebastian is only half Friesian, yet there are times he looks up and gazes in the distance and I can really see the influence of his magnificent ancestor!   I don't own him anymore, James Cooler does, but I get to see Sebastian at the barn where I board Oberon, my Quarter Horse who is adorable and cute - but he doesn't quite have the presence Sebastian does.

Below is a beautiful video and a few pictures of a Friesian Stallion being ridden at the beach (they LOVE water)

5 comments:

Dom said...

Such appropriate timing. I had my first Friesian ride this weekend and I see the appeal :)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful words and beautiful horse. Your words are filled with images and I can picture your beautiful horse.

Janine said...

I long for the day to own one again:)

Vandana Sharma said...

This is so sweet :)

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

wonderfully written

Gracias